Coming Soon: Self-Acupressure Techniques to Practice Daily

in Acupressure Community,Wellness & Long Life

Photos by Michael Reed Gach

Energy Flow = Radiant Health

I get so many requests for specific medical problems. As you know, I am not a medical doctor. However, I believe that these amazing Acupressure points can help relieve stress, pain and much suffering.

I am excited to share with you many techniques that I use on myself daily to promote well-being and prevent numerous ailments. Each one of these self massage stimulates specific acupressure points. Each stretch opens healing energy into certain meridians and each has specific benefits to enhancing your body’s vital systems and energy flow. I am excited to share these practical methods that I developed over years of practice – so please stand by.

D.PARAMESWARAN July 28, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Those who are not doctors spend more time on health studies and find out more with aspiration and eagerness and also spend on finding ways out for patients. This is without prejudice to good drs who find no time and energy left to do all these things due to their tight schedules.
You can do wonders sir, thanks for your info from time to time.

Anindita July 28, 2011 at 2:22 pm

That would be super, Michael!! I hope there will be something to deal with the shakiness and weakness that I have all over my body due to MS and also my blurring in and out vision.

michael August 6, 2011 at 7:33 am

Acupressure and Yoga are helpful for getting some relief and can make you feel better; still its not a cure. To make you feel more stable try these acupressure points: GV 16, GB 14, and CV 17 which are all calming, relaxing points. For your eyes, use these points under the base of your skull.

dilys xavier July 28, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Please can you give me A FEW TOUCH POINTS TO EAS A PELVIC BACK ACH I HAVE HAD FOR 3 YEARS, I HAVE YOUR BOOK AND IT’S THE BEST OF ITS KIND I HAVE EVER READ; SO PLAIN TO UNDERSTAND. THANKS, DILYS

michael July 31, 2011 at 3:24 pm

You will find the points on this blog article on Acupressure Points for Hip, Lower Back Pain & Sciatica and also my using my fully guided Release Back Pain CD.

Graceland September 9, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Stay with this guys, you’re helping a lot of people.

michael September 11, 2011 at 7:48 am

Awesome; keep sharing this stuff.
I will continue to create practical info about the acupressure points for putting your health into your own hands!

dilys xavier July 28, 2011 at 2:36 pm

What can stop my pelvic back ache please.

indira July 28, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Michael, thank you for your generosity in wanting to sharing this. I look forward to it so I can pass it on to family and friends.

chigo July 28, 2011 at 2:57 pm

hi, may i ask you for the acupressure points and exercises to cure inguinal hernia. i suppose that the distension or protrusion of internal organs must have solution a solution even at the energetic levels. help if you can, pls.
thanks.
chigo

michael August 4, 2011 at 4:21 am

Gentle touch at first, then gentle pressure on and around Sp 12 and Sp 13 with deep breathing and warm herbal compresses can be helpful. Please continue to see your doctor and use the acupressure frequently for many, many months to receive the benefits. This will take patience and perseverance furthers.

Leonida Abrams July 28, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Dear Michael:

Did I miss your transmission on Touch: A starting poin in the vast world of healing?
It says “Previous”

michael August 4, 2011 at 4:13 am

You have not missed my teachings on Self Acupressure Techniques to Practice Daily.
Here is my blog article entitled “A Starting Point in the Vast World of Healing”

Jody September 9, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Was toltaly stuck until I read this, now back up and running.

michael September 11, 2011 at 7:44 am

Yes! Keep up!
All you need is hope, a little support, and a positive vision for directing your efforts.

Jan Smith July 28, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I am looking forward to it Michael! Everything you can teach us about maintaining our health is really appreciated.

Thanks, Jan

Sodikin July 28, 2011 at 3:39 pm

it’s definitely a very interesting study and I can not wait to learn it …

Rhonda July 28, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Michael,
I so enjoy your newsletter, have passed it on to all i know!
Please share with us, any and all acupressure techniques for
ringing in the ears, and deafness.
Many, many thanks!
Rhonda

michael July 31, 2011 at 3:04 pm

OK. It may take some time, but stay tuned.

Patrick C ORR July 28, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Hi michael i am trying to order some of your books on line i live in Ireland and your site dose not have room for my full address look forward to hearing from you regards Patrick. PS do you have any schools in ireland .

Alka July 28, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I am eager to learn more about acupressure.

michael July 31, 2011 at 2:52 pm

The best acupressure teachers are at the Acupressure Institute, which I founded over 35 years ago. I also hope you use my acupressure website site and blog to learn more about acupressure.

Hank September 9, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Alright alright alright that’s exactly what I nedeed!

michael September 11, 2011 at 7:48 am

shaheena July 28, 2011 at 6:02 pm

hello sir i am very thank full for the information u r giving through this site .i will be very grate full if u could help me out with more information as i am very much interest in learning this theraphy, so i would request u to help me out

William Price July 28, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I’m looking forward to receiving this information. I’d like some advice on a problem I’m having with a patient.
I am currently treating her for referred pain in her right leg, which first manifested in the right thigh on the Gall Bladder Meridian. Though the source was in her back. Obviously, I treated the back acupoints and to address the leg pain I used GB 31 and GB 41. The pain in the right leg certainly moved, only to manifest in the lower leg at GB 37.

The back pain became so excruciating, that I resorted to using moxibustion along the back acupoints – something that so far I had only used on myself – and I think that, despite some lingering pain, there has been some considerable improvement as she has been able to return to work. What I’m concerned about is the lingering pain in her lower leg. Any suggestions?

I’m a great fan of your books – they have been most helpful to me. Recently, I used one of the points you recommended (P 6) to calm a severe bout of vomiting, due to a bad reaction to prescribed medication.

michael July 31, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I think you’ll be wise to take two approaches: local or work on the origin and distal points. Most likely the origin of the pain is focused on B 48 and/or GB 30. You’ll be able to tell by palpating these points for soreness or referred pain. Give the leg some gentle stretches and firm traction. Then use distal points: GB 40, 41, and pull out her little and fourth toes. Finally, and most importantly, hold both GB 20 bilaterally, for about five minutes, or until you get pulses to balance and synchronize on both sides. Finish with CV 17 and hold all her toes to end.

david July 28, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Hi Michael
Do you know of any points for snoring and sleep apnea?

michael July 31, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Yes, I have developed a fully guided program using Acupressure and gentle stretches for sleep disorders. I am very excited about Sleep Better I hope you’ll try it, to discover how self-acupressure can help people with many types of sleep disorders.

Trevion September 10, 2011 at 10:58 am

Check that off the list of things I was cnofused about.

prakash July 29, 2011 at 2:07 am

I am eagerly waiting for your self-acupressure techniques

Richard July 29, 2011 at 2:13 am

Looking forward to Self Acupressure Techniques to practice Daily. I’ve been using the Stress Less Acupressure and Qigong exercises for the last three months. It has greatly reduced decades long shoulder pain and improved my flexability. I have also been using some acupressure points. GB 20 for instance has helped a long standing tinnitus condition. Neither my ears or my shoulders are 100% yet, but I’m still working. I should mention that I feel much more calm. I highly recommend your stress less DVDs to anyone in need of healing and who is willing to work a bit. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

michael July 31, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I am thrilled to hear the results you’ve had with the Less Stress Qigong & Acupressure DVD. I know many more people within our Acupressure community who get my blog articles and have problems – could greatly benefit as well – from all kinds of ailments. You have inspired me to write more about this remarkable set of breathing exercises. I love what you wrote, thanks.

sanjeev July 29, 2011 at 5:37 am

Acupressure loving people are always indebited to your efforts.

mokan July 29, 2011 at 6:36 am

good idea

veronica July 29, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Love your site, thank you for sharing such wonderful informative guidance to health.

veronica July 29, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I have practiced your acupressure points and they are fabulous.. thank you

B.Partha July 31, 2011 at 7:33 am

Very eager to hear from you.

Afzal Imam July 31, 2011 at 8:14 am

I am interested for Self-Acupressure Techniques to Practice Daily.
Thank u.

Afzal Imam July 31, 2011 at 8:21 am

I like all of your Acupressure Techniques.

tr hemnani August 1, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I am very happy to receive ur mails I have also ordered books and cds through my link in US to get the same regards

pritie August 2, 2011 at 7:22 am

Would love to learn these important points

michael August 3, 2011 at 2:04 pm

You will have many opportunities to learn the therapeutics and location of the points on Acupressure.com and by going to the Acupressure Institute to really study them.

Hallie September 10, 2011 at 6:11 am

Dude, right on there brother.

leena August 11, 2011 at 3:50 am

hi michael
i always go thru your articles .its very interesting to see how simple points in your body can make such differences to your health.
im 32 yrs in age,im suffereing from weakness in muscles in my leg.climbing stairs,getting up from a squatting position is very difficult for me. I feel like my legs are too weak to carry my body when I climb stairs.doctors say it is myopathy.Is there anything that I can do using acupressure.
Thnks

michael August 12, 2011 at 4:02 am

Leg Pain & General Weakness: These Acupressure Points (GB 34 and St 36) presented in the video within my article entitled Acupressure Wellness points for Stiffness and Muscular Pain, are the most therapeutic points for your leg weakness. I am writing to encourage you to stimulate these points 4 or 5 times a day. Do the brisk rubbing until you feel the heat for 15 seconds. Then use your fist to tap or pound the points as you breathe deeply for another minute. Then again do the brisk rubbing until your skin has a little pink-ish tone. Repeat this simple routine 4 to 5 times a day for a couple of weeks, and let me know if it helps. If so, also press Lv 3 slowly and firmly for another minute. I will certainly blog about these acupressure points, so stay tuned. I hope this helps the discomfort in your feet. Please share this with others. What comes around, goes around. Let’s learn to help each other – that’s what acupressure is all about – for helping ourselves, and serving to heal others.

prema August 13, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Namaste Michael,
I have known of your Acu-Yoga for 20 years and have your main book on the subject…but being a person practicing traditional yoga it is not until now that I am quite interested….however too many of the postures in your presentation mean torquing the knee…
this is no longer possible for me as i am over 60 years old and was forced into having a partial meniscus removal…..how do you suggest approaching postures that require weight on the knee and torquing?…..if there are no substitute ways of doing this then it becomes impossible to practice this system that you have developed….
thank-you…..prema

michael August 17, 2011 at 4:44 pm

There are always creative variations for each person’s condition. We all have limits and limitations. Some postures you’ll have to avoid or skip due to your knees. However, there are many variations you can incorporate. Here’s one example for taking pressure off the knee. While kneeling, sitting on your heels, place a thick pillow between your buttocks and heels. This relieves pressure from the knee and is wonderful for easily sitting with a straight spine for meditation, healing work, and for practicing many yoga postures.

Jennylee September 9, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Ha ha, shouldn’t you be chagring for that kind of knowledge?!

michael September 11, 2011 at 10:29 am

I am thrilled you see the worth in what I am offering. I’ll keep giving these informative articles and video clips for free. In my experience of working with these acupressure points, like with most spiritual paths, the deeper you go within yourself and the knowledge of Traditional Chinese Medicine, the deeper you can heal others. But if you want to learn a whole lot more, get my Self-Healing Pack or Home-Study Pack. What I am sharing with you for free is a significant taste and I’m glad you see the value in the healing knowledge I am sending out.

Hyperlite wakeboards February 26, 2012 at 1:17 am

I have been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this website. Thanks, I will try and check back more frequently. How frequently do you update your web site?

michael February 26, 2012 at 7:14 am

I usually post twice a month – but sometimes more, sometimes less.

ohne Einkommensnachweis Kredit February 29, 2012 at 4:20 am

Hey! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to look it over. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Exceptional blog and terrific design and style.

rezepte ohne kohlenhydrate March 10, 2012 at 2:49 am

Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Cheers

michael March 10, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I do not know how to get listed in Yahoo News; they listed my blog automatically based on its content.

kostenlose rezepte April 11, 2012 at 11:40 am

Undeniably believe that which you stated.
Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks