Heightening a Child’s Ability to Learn using Acupressure Points; Learning Disorders – ADD, ADHD and Dyslexia

in ADD,ADHD and Dyslexia,Acupressure for Children,Learning Disorders

I suffered from learning difficulties and dyslexia as a child. I experienced the anxieties, fears, and humiliation from not being able to read and spell like other kids. The fears I experienced, as a child were devastating.

Learning Acupressure and deep breathing enabled me to deal with my emotional trauma and gave me determination to help others. I earned my Elementary Teaching Credential while studying Acupressure. Although I had these learning difficulties, I struggled to write Acu-Yoga, my first book integrating Yoga with Acupressure. Twenty years later, it took me 7 years to write Acupressure for Emotional Healing, a book on how acupressure can heal the emotions and learning problems. In this video, I present to children how Acupressure can make you think clearer, be more creative and powerful.

For learning disorder Acupressure points and dietary considerations [see more].

Mental & Emotional Healing: If a child or adult has racing thoughts or difficulty concentrating – practice the dietary guidelines below and use this simple acupressure routine two times daily for a month to discover the full benefits. Be sure to breathe slowly and deeply while holding these points.

Acupressure for ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia and Learning Disorders

The following point formula balances the body’s energy to counteract learning disorders; it works on the Governing and Conception Vessel pathways. When a child has a learning disorder, whether it’s ADD, ADHD or dyslexia, the child’s energy system jams, making it extremely difficult for the child to think clearly. Using the following points, rebalances a child’s energy flow, and the hormones that affect the chemistry of a child’s brain.

Have the child sit comfortably in a chair for the following steps:

3rd Eye Point for Mental Clarity

1. Hold GV 20 with GV 24.5: Place the right hand on the

Top of head with 3rd eye

Hundred Meeting Point (GV 20 on the top of your head) and your left hand at the Third Eye Point (GV 24.5). Close your eyes and take a couple of deep breaths.

2. Touch GV 20 with CV 17: Move your left hand to the Sea of Tranquility (CV 17, located at the center of the breastbone). Continue to breathe deeply into your heart.

3. Breathing Deeply: Rest your hands, one over the other in your lap, with your palms facing up, allowing your eyes to be closed. Let your shoulders relax down. Relax your body, making your breath slow, even and deep for a couple minutes.

Benefits: This Acupressure Point Formula is a quick routine good for relieving headaches, racing thoughts, anxiety, depressions, stress and hormonal imbalances. This is good for mental health, and for relieving ADD, ADHD, and dyslexia at any age, to clear your mind, focus, concentrate, and meditate for peace of mind.

With ADD and ADHD you’ll see hyperactive children fidgeting and squirming around. The impulsiveness of ADD and ADHD often results in outbursts, tantrums, and a lack of self-control. The emotional pain and trauma experienced in infancy creates distrust, defense mechanisms, and eventually leads to behavioral disorders. Diet imbalances can have a major influence along with psychological aspects, which reinforce how a child reacts and develops.

Dietary Guidelines to use with Acupressure Therapy:

* Limit all sugars in foods, including breakfast cereals, snacks, sodas, candy, and even excessive intake of unsweetened fruit juices and fruit high in sugar can cause problems in sensitive children.
* Junk Foods: Avoid giving children soda pop and other ‘junk foods’. You’re not depriving a child; you’re caring for them. Explain to young children how junk foods weaken and imbalance the body. Most children understand that eating too much sugar can cause a tummy ache. They can be taught that they’d feel better without eating lots of junk food, and eventually make this connection themselves. This can lead to making wise choices in life.

Going Further: For specific point formulas, healing affirmations and 400 illustrations of Acupressure points and routines see, Acupressure for Emotional Healing, by Michael Reed Gach, Ph.D.

Pat April 30, 2013 at 3:00 pm

This is wonderful stuff! I too, as a child had a very hard time with dyslexia – so, I simply memorized everything (with a picture memory that is not hard to do!). But the unending trauma of being
physically challenged made for a rough childhood – back in the day. I’m probably much older than you now. Many years ago, when I was working in a very small Hospital, one of the female Anesthesiologists who originally came from the Phillipines taught me enough accupressure points
to help me begin to control the pain of severe scoliosis.

I loved your emotional healing info and this, about children and grandchildren is superb!

Thank you so much for helping me learn even more!

Ricardo Hercules April 30, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Hello Michael,

I feel these points for mental and emotional healing, thank you!.
Beautiful your work with chidren.
Congratulations!.
Ricardo.

Ieneke van Houten April 30, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Thank you. Shared. And I am glad to see you added the nutritional factor as well. All too often people working in this field offer only those solutions they are most expert in. May I suggest people who have problems with ADD in their lives also visit the website of Dr. Doris Rapp? She made the connection between ADD and allergies decades ago. She also has good instructions for figuring out which foods your child is most sensitive to.

Once again, thank you for being so generous with your life’s work.

Lillian May 1, 2013 at 1:42 am

Hello Michael.
This is great! I am currently working on my doctoral degree (PhD in Business Administration). I should’ve been finished almost a year ago, but am struggling with things most people don’t consider an obstacle. While I have never been diagnosed with a learning disorder, I have noticed since High School (over 40 years ago) that I take longer to comprehend reading. I have to read things over and over several times for complete understanding. This slows me down in all my studies. I feel like I have always had to work harder than my fellow students and colleagues at work with my undergraduate studies and my Master’s degree work. I am already grateful that you posted this information. If these techniques can work for me, I will be able to continue my studies with much less stress and anxiety. As a mother of four and grandmother of the same number, I will share this information with my child that exhibits the same signs of struggle as I have.
Thank you, so much.

michael kapsos May 1, 2013 at 1:57 am

Michael you continue to inspire me! I have been hiding my spelling and reading disabilities for 50 years, the only one who knows is my wife. I’m a massage therapist and have been following your work since your Acu-Yoga book. I also learned to deal with my emotional trauma through acupressure, tai chi and breathing exercises. I just had to work a little harder and never give up, even if I had to rewrite a note or letter 5 times. I started crying after the first paragraph of your article. Thank you so much for the work you do! I now feel the courage to talk about my difficulties so I can help others with the same trauma.

vinod kumar May 1, 2013 at 4:38 am

Dear michael , Hello

Its better achiement for all childrens. congrulation.

vinod kumar

India

Esther McCormick May 3, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Thank you yet again Michael for your wonderful work!
I have been referring patients and students to our work for years with wonderful results.
I would like to add the ear acupressure point SHEN MEN located in the triangular fossa of the ear.
Research at the Reed academy in which the Shen Men point is stimulated by taping a small pellet to the point helped boys with attention deficit to focus and learn.After six weeks, they no longer needed the beads, they learned how to learn. WHen I read about this, I started using beads to stimulate the Shen Men point on children and adults on three continents with great success.
One day while visiting my grand-daughter in Bahrain, who is “allergic to math”-she develops a headache, stomachache, etc when there is a math paper in front of her.
Her mother asked her what she should do when having trouble with the math-she responded and demonstrated: “I close my eyes. I hold my Shen Men points, I breathe deeply, I count to ten. …”
She opened her eyes and turned over her paper and did her math!
No beads, nothing outside of herself! Just a pause, deep breath and holding her Shen Men points.
Thought this might be a good add-on to your protocol
You can find a map with Shen Men on my website
I am forwarding this email to everyone on my list. Thank you!

michael May 4, 2013 at 6:45 am

I appreciate your valuable story. Thank you for sharing this application of using the Shen Men points and for all the referrals you have given me over the years. I believe that what you have discovered is so valuable that I would like to include it in a blog if I can get your permission to use your graphic of this fabulous point.

Mukhwinder May 5, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Hi,
micheal,
its good your effort for us.
thankyou.

Asif Suhail May 13, 2013 at 12:14 pm

sir,
iam a 17 years old boy. till my 15 years of age i was good at studyies but after that i dont know what happened to me..i started loosing my concentration.. i am worried what should i do… i read my books.. books will be in front of me and i will be reading but my mind will be somewhere else,,,, please help me gain peace of mind and concentration… in my daily life. how can i stop my brain to think useless thoughts… please help me…

michael May 15, 2013 at 12:23 am

There is a lot you can do to improve your concentration using diet, exercise, and acupressure. First, all sugar is not good for your concentration. If you just eliminate all sugar, you may feel more grounded and stable. Get more exercise which will increase your blood flow. Stimulate the acupressure point St 36. Use GB 14 for mind clearing. There are more points and routines in my book. There is also an easy breathing exercises DVD that I would recommend for your energy and concentration.

Annette May 16, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Thank you for sharing your life exsperience with me.Over the years, living with epilepsy, another problem have build up inside me. I today also have SAD (social anxiety disorder) Always being afraid to speak or just not knowing what or how to say the things I really want to say.I’m really sorry for not always sending a comment back.Social anxiety has really made it hard for me to always have the words I realy want to say. I can every time just say thank you VERY,VERY much Michael you are truly a grate help
Thanks Michael

michael May 16, 2013 at 8:41 pm

I greatly appreciate your heart and intention to heal yourself. I believe that you can make progress and benefit from using acupressure for reducing anxiety and for building trust within. I pray that you will get my Acupressure for Emotional Healing book because I sincerely believe that it would help you tremendously, that is if you read and use it. I’d love to give you some support and guidance. If you get this book, please send me any questions to help support you. This book can definitely help you.

In the meantime, here is a free video to give you which can make a difference if you focus on breathing slowly and more deeply. As you practice this, notice how touching the points can ground your thoughts and give you more assurance.

Vikram Batra July 18, 2013 at 3:07 am

I recently met this man in the train in India who was treating people with acupressure techniques for free. He offered his details to be shared for people to use.

Check out complete details here.