Reducing a High Fever with Acupressure Points

in Acupressure Points,Colds & Flu

TW 15 for balancing body temperature

A high fever can become dangerous and must be brought down. Fortunately, there are acupressure points and other natural methods that can reduce a fever. This video clip will show you how to reduce a high fever with acupressure points. When you are helping someone else, use one hand above the tip of the shoulder blade (TW 15), while your other hand holds each finger at the base of the nail for a minute each.

Curve your fingers, like the rounded shape of the top of a coat hanger, and place it on the back of your opposite shoulder. Rub the area until you feel the top tip of your shoulder blade. Apply firm pressure just above that, where it feels knotted or tight. This point Triple Warmer (TW 15) balances temperature in the body, so its good for fever as well as chills. Hold this point for about three minutes on both sides.

For reducing a high fever, hold the acupressure points at the base of the nail. Use your index fingertip and thumb to squeeze both sides of the base of each nail. You can start or end with your thumb; the order of pressing each fingertip does not matter. Pressing these points at the base of the nail stimulates the digital nerves and takes down pain as well as fever.

Using tennis balls on TW 15 to balance body temperature.

Joe Carslake March 8, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Most useful, Thank you so much

Paula March 8, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Dear Dr Gach,
I watched with interest your video about reducing fever. I was wondering if these points are any good for hot flashes since this is also a temperature regulating problem? I have seen points listed for hot flashes but I don’t believe they were this particular set of points. Your comments would be appreciated.
Regards,
Paula

michael March 8, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Good connection. Yes, use these points for hot flushes too. For more acupressure points and guidance on dealing with hot flashes, see my Acupressure’s Potent Points.

Ayub sherwani March 9, 2013 at 12:53 pm

All point is very useful an video thank you so much Ayub Sherwani : Jeddah

masqor podakkudi March 10, 2013 at 2:16 am

dear sir
extemely good informative video and text. thanks a lot.
masqor podakkudi

M.Fayyaz March 11, 2013 at 5:01 am

thanks alot for ur efforts;kindly show me acuupresure points for tonslitis(chronic)having pain esp.early in morning

michael March 11, 2013 at 11:58 am

Acupressure is not the treatment choice; please see a doctor.

Teresa March 11, 2013 at 9:40 am

Michael, thank you so much for sharing your experience with everyone. Your advice and clips are so helpful. I have had severe heat and sweating all my life and so when menopause came along it was awfull, the heat tripled. I have used your methods to combat it and yes it does work.
A positive, happy frame of mind really helps too. I discovered the sweating heat is due to inner fear and stress so with your help I have managed to overcome it. Unfortunately many women don’t want to believe menopause is stress and fear related. A positive, happy mind and accupressure really work wonders. It isn’t easy to start with but happiness and forgiveness in the face of adversity is enlightening
Thank you.

michael March 12, 2013 at 3:36 am

I am thrilled that you have got such great results with Acupressure for years.

I think many women understand that stress can effect the metabolism, how we breathe, and certainly how we feel. Thus, its not a big jump to understand that stress can be a contributing factor to menopausal symptoms. I hope you have used my Qi Gong breathing DVD - because after doing the deep breathing – most people feel so much lighter and less stressed, that it just doesn’t matter why it works, it just works!

Teresa March 14, 2013 at 10:31 am

The other night I wrote a few positive affirmations before bed and I had such a wonderfull nights sleep, this along with the accupressure and happiness has done wonders. My life has been full of stress for the last five years with family related issues and I can’t thank you enough for helping me to have the courage and strength to keep my sanity. I try to make others laugh and smile, some do and some just don’t know how. Do you have any miracles for snoring?
Untill next time, keep smiling

michael March 15, 2013 at 2:50 pm

There are different points for various types of snoring. I think the greatest ancient technique for stimulating the acupressure points in between the ribs is to use your elbow, with a gentle jab.

I am thrilled that you are getting marvelous results with using Acupressure to get to sleep. Are you using my books or my self-healing CD called, “Sleep Better”

KVisswanatam March 11, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Amazing information. Many thanks for the selfless service by Dr.Gach.

Kelly March 13, 2013 at 5:33 am

Is there an acupuncture point for opening throat to swallow food normally, for the food to go down the throat smoothly and to prevent food from sticking in throat. Thank You Blessings :-)

michael March 13, 2013 at 6:45 am

Yes, press K 27 firmly on both sides. Use you thumb on one side with your fingers on the others. Hold firmly while taking slow deep breaths (with you eyes closed is best) for 3 minutes. Please let me know if this acupressure procedure helps you to prevent food from sticking in your throat.

Richard March 13, 2013 at 11:02 am

Hi Michael, I kept watching and got to the video on the use of the third eye meditation. I had gotten away from this one (When I needed it most). Thanks for the reminder. I put your newsletter on my Facebook page. Thanks.

michael March 13, 2013 at 11:53 am

Keep practicing the third eye meditation. Its powerful and cumulative. Thanks for supporting my healing work; I appreciate you.

valiani March 13, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Dear Dr Gach
Would you please send me about accupressure in reslessness legs.

michael March 15, 2013 at 9:47 pm

For restlessness legs, practice various yoga stretches 2 or 3 times daily in addition to this acupressure information. The Stress Less DVD listed at the end of this list is fabulous for preventing restlessness in your legs if you practice daily and continuously.

Acupressure involves stimulating acupoints on the body with fingertips or knuckles and is based on the principles of Acupuncture, an ancient healing technique used by practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). The acupressure points often have ancient descriptive names, such as “Joining the Valley” and “Mind Clearing.” Acupressure increases blood flow to the treated area and triggers the release of endorphins, pain-relieving brain chemicals.

Sleep Better Acupressure Points

There are the Acupressure techniques for various types of sleeping disorders. Daily Acupressure sessions, three times a day, can relieve chronic sleep disorders. The acupressure points Calm Sleep and Joyful Sleep—on the outer and inner ankles—can help relieve insomnia. Use these acupressure points whenever you want to deeply relax and sleep better.

Point Location
Calm Sleep (B 62) is in the first indentation below the outer anklebone. Joyful Sleep (K 6) is directly below the inside of the anklebone, in a slight indentation.

What to do
Place your thumb on one side of your ankle and your fingers on the other, and press firmly. If you’re on the right spot, it will be slightly sore. Hold for two minutes, breathing deeply. Repeat on the other ankle. Do this again if you still are having trouble sleeping or if you wake up.

Also good for
Ankle pain, swollen angles, heel pain, swollen legs, back pain, sleeping disorders, insomnia, restlessness, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia,

For more info: Order online at http://www.TensionRelief.info

Sleep Better CD: Self-acupressure and guided breathing exercises to get to sleep or get back to sleep and for a deeper night’s sleep. (5 tracks of acupressure and gentle yoga self-healing techniques for sleep disorders) Michael Reed Gach, Ph.D.

Acupressure’s Point Points: A Guide to Self-Care for Common Ailments (400 illustrations & graphics showing self-care techniques) Michael Reed Gach, Ph.D.

Stress Less DVD: Acupressure and Qi Gong Exercises for Boosting the Immune System (30 minute self-healing routine) http://acupressure.com/dvds/AcupressureLessStressDVD.htm

meenakshi subramanian April 4, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Dear sir,
I get severe head ace when I do acupressure at the sinus points.
What should I do to continue .
I am painful for at least two or three days.
I have stiff neck and get sound when I bend my neck back.
Please guide me.
Thank u.

michael April 5, 2013 at 10:10 am

I am concerned about your headaches and pain. Please hold GB 20 under your skull for about 3 minutes, 3 to 5 times daily. Apply the pressure slowly, gradually and breathe slowly and deeply. Here is more instruction:

If this does not help you within a week or so, please seek help from an qualified health professional and a doctor.