I support you to break old habits that work against you, so you can live a better life. In this article, I will show you how to activate Acupressure points on your temples on the Triple Warmer Meridian for counteracting addictions. For best results, practice this acupressure breathing meditation daily. Happy Chinese New Year – in the Year of the Dragon!

Acupressure Points for Breaking Addictions: I encourage you get help and support in many ways. For instance, here is a link for drug addiction treatment in New Jersey. Using natural therapies such as acupressure, meditation and breathing, here’s a simple self-acupressure technique to break addictive patterns – with eating, smoking, drugs, alcohol, and other unhealthy habits. Are you ready to work on counteracting your addictive behavior by practicing this twice daily?

Directions: Place your fingertips on your temples in the hollow areas level with and just outside your eyebrows.  Place your thumbs between your upper and lower jaws and press the muscle that pops out when you chew. Clench your back teeth as if you were chewing, then release. Clench and release in a rhythmic pattern, approximately once per second.

Each time you clench down on your molars, you should also feel a muscle pop out in the temple area, underneath your fingertips. Exert steady pressure on these points with the muscle movement, coupled with long, deep breathing.  Take long, slow deep breaths.

Continue clenching and breathing with your eyes closes for full three minutes. These acupressure points in the temples activate areas of your brain that govern memory, concentration, mental stress, body temperature, addictions and obsessions.

Most people find it difficult to do this for three minutes. At first, you can rest your elbows on a table for support.  Do what you can, and build up your timing slowly to 5 minutes a day. For instance, you may practice this meditation for 2 or 3 minutes, twice a day.

Further Acupressure Guidance: For healing affirmations and more acupressure points for counteracting addictions, check-out the book Acupressure for Emotional Healing and my instructional video, Touching Emotions.

sheila January 24, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Good! However the visual and the printed directions are different Any directions for choosing one method over the other?

michael January 26, 2012 at 12:27 pm

There is a great deal of flexibility in practicing this method. Thus you can follow either directions or combine different aspects of both versions.

Mary Keil January 24, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I have ony full top dentures so it is hard to clench where my molars were. Is there another way for me to do these pressure points.

michael January 26, 2012 at 10:59 am

Yes, good question; relax your jaw.
Rotate in your temples while you take slow deep breaths.

Johnelle February 14, 2012 at 12:59 pm

It’s about time smeoone wrote about this.

Ricardo January 24, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Thank you for this tip to use acupressure point for addictions; it will help me a lot.
Also I want to report that your stretches exercises that include massage the St 36
is astounding – I do this before I go for a run, and the results are fantastic.
Thank you Michael.
Ricardo.

michael January 26, 2012 at 6:34 am

I am so glad to hear you have benefited. Since you are a runner, here’s a tip -
For Running Sports: Here’s a couple points for keeping your muscles strong and toned.

Monique Bollen January 25, 2012 at 8:13 am

Thank you very much for all your good guidance. It helped me a lot, for several years.
Now I’m guiding a small group in Yoga, Mindfulness and Pressure Point lessons.
I hope above pressure points will help a person very close to me. We’ll start doing this today.

Namasté – Monique – from Maastricht
The Netherlands

michael January 26, 2012 at 11:04 am

I have helped you for years, all the way in the Netherlands?
I would love to hear specifics about what helped you.

Brandywine February 15, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Now that’s slbute! Great to hear from you.

Nailtkina July 14, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Linds Posted on my only thought on the color scmhee is Jesus loves His enemies? swell pics, bro very swell. (ps- you should feel special. your blog is pretty much the only one i ever check regularly.)

ana benedict January 25, 2012 at 4:10 pm

You are the best!!! Today is my anniversary and is the best present!!! Thank you again for e
everything!!! I will share this with many people. I wish you always the best…Ana

michael January 26, 2012 at 11:00 am

Thank you so much!

Lyzbeth February 15, 2012 at 10:13 am

Lot of smarts in that posntig!

Jenny January 28, 2012 at 9:16 pm

This one is working, after one day of self treatment on these points, I have a headache and the thought of drinking alcohol makes me feel sick. Just a few minutes ago, I did the treatment again and my headache is better. Thank-you, you are a great teacher of acupressure. After watching your videos, I’m pretty confident I have the right location for pressure point Triple Warmer. WOW! this is good to know. Thanks again, Jenny

michael January 30, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I am grateful that my efforts and guidance have helped you. If you want to continue to pursue healthy ways that generate good energy in your life, practice the breathing exercises and self-acupressure instructions in these two top DVDs - once or twice a day.

Mattie February 15, 2012 at 12:42 am

Glad I’ve fianlly found something I agree with!

Ms. Khush F Dubash February 4, 2012 at 12:57 pm

This is superb – a lot of people can definitely benefit from this therapy. God Bless always — May we learn more and more from you.

Khush Dubash

michael February 4, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Yes, acupressure offers natural ways to relieve our stresses, and even counteract addictions with a little love and support to foster an individual’s willpower.

King February 14, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Clear, informative, siplme. Could I send you some e-hugs?

ms February 21, 2012 at 6:40 am

my husband was addicted to chewing tobacco for the last 15 yrs…after applying this de-addiction points, he has been able to quit successfully. but, while applying pressure to the temples, he experienced soreness on those points and has discontinued. should he continue? what would be the reason for the soreness?
i am suffering from high blood pressure and take medication for the same.would be grateful if you could suggest some points for treating that and arteriosclerosis. thankyou.

michael February 21, 2012 at 2:06 pm

The soreness is from pressing too hard. If he gets the urge again, he can practice this acupressure meditation again, using the heel of the palm of his hand or if he likes using his thumbs, tell him to press with less pressure. He was over doing the amount of pressure, but the results he got are very impressive.

I am not a medical doctor, so please see one for your cardiovascular problems. Here’s an blog article I wrote that may help you balance your high blood pressure and many other aspects of your health entitled: Hypertension, Insomnia & Emotional Healing Acupressure Points

Glenn Gafanha February 28, 2012 at 9:37 pm

It’s comforting to know I’m not the only one ;) Thanks!

eDiets.com Coupon Code February 29, 2012 at 12:21 am

No idea if you actually get a chance to read all of these posts — you’ve got an group of followers! This is a topic I wish more people knew about and talked about! Thanks for posting !

Sofortkredite Online Kredite March 3, 2012 at 9:41 am

Hello there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site? I’m getting tired of Wordpress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

michael March 3, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I have had using the same platform – WordPress – and I put a lot of my heart into it.