Holding Acupressure points for mental clarity and hormonal balancing.

During my 40 years teaching Acupressure, many of my students had remarkable results using acupressure for a few minutes before getting out of bed. I’m excited to teach you how to use these two acupressure points to start your day in a better way.  You will feel happier, mentally clearer, with less stress. I consider this the Crown of Acupressure; it works by balancing the pituitary and pineal glands.

Simply hold these two acupressure points, as shown, for 2 to 3 minutes with light touch while breathing deeply with your eyes closed. Try it first thing, before getting out of bed to set your intentions for the day. See if it clears your mind and puts you in alignment during the day. If you do this every morning, you can treat each day as a new beginning. You can break bad habits by holding these acupressure points, and reset your intentions daily. You can also use these points at other times of the day, whenever you need greater clarity.

Holding these acupressure points works by balancing your energy system. When your energy is balanced, your body can function properly.  Healing energy work can be that simple, yet profound.

Look for GV 24.5 between the eyebrows; GV 20 above the back of your ears on the top of your head.

Holding GV 20, at the top of your head, with GV 24.5, between your eyebrows called the Third Eye Point before going to sleep and after waking-up is healing for fibromyalgia, insomnia, headaches, vertigo and dizziness. Here’s more info on how use the Third Eye Point in other powerful ways.

Fine Tuning: I suggest you end a massage, chiropractic treatment, or yoga class by holding these two acupressure points (GV 20 and GV 24.5) lightly while breathing deeply to balance all the energies released the session.

Other Useful, Practical Applications: Try using these Acupressure points:

• After you meditate; it will seal the healing energy and the great benefits of meditation.
• After you make love, to channel the energy released for healing each other.
• To boost your morale and aspiration, which is something everyone can use.
• After exercising or yoga, to enable the energy released to balance.

These acupressure points clear your mind, enabling you to think more clearly and positively. Please also remember that the way you treat yourself and what you think, makes a huge difference. In addition to using these points often, train yourself to think positively. What you focus on, you attract in your life. Every good thought produces healing neuro-chemicals in your blood stream. Be conscious of replacing negative thoughts with an attitude of gratitude.

My last blog was on the Acupressure Weight Loss Program, for keeping your metabolism and appetite balanced. Consider giving yourself the support and guidance for practicing these 12 weight loss techniques.

Ricardo Hercules January 3, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Hello Michael,
Thank you again for the good suggestions – to keep us on the ball. Happy 2012.
Ricardo

Karen January 4, 2012 at 3:11 am

Always great to hear some more spiritual wisdom and energy connections.

Kazaan January 4, 2012 at 4:56 am

Hi Michael, Here’s wishing you all happiness in this new year! Thank you for being the guide and guru to make acupressure an integral part of my familiy’s daily well being. One of my intentions for 2012 is to study the science of acupressure in greater detail.

You may be interested to know (in case you dont already) that your fantastic book Acupressure’s Potent Points is available as an epub ebook which i have purchased and downloaded to my phone. As a reference it is now handier than ever.

michael January 4, 2012 at 10:51 am

Thank you for providing the link to download my best-selling book which illustrates acupressure points for common complaints from A to Z.

Since you are interested in studying acupressure, check-out the materials in the Home Study Pack. Since you already have my Acupressure’s Potent Points book, which is part of the Pack, you can order each of the items separately on my website.

I highly recommend getting the violet laminated Acupressure Point Chart with the meridians color coded. I also suggest the “Meridian, 5 Elements & Assessment Forms” booklet, which is under ten dollars and illustrates the points and meridians in booklet form which is convenient for reference and study purposes wherever you go.

Alperen July 14, 2012 at 11:15 pm

hey this really works. The thing is touhgh i get to a stage where it becomes a dull almost invisible feeling and it’s really hard to bring it back up but it’s still lingering in there somewhere. Other times i just get a dull, empty sensation and i don’t know what to do. Any advise anyone?

michael July 15, 2012 at 12:08 am

Sounds like you have an energy blockage and acupressure could help you significantly.

R.S. Sawhney January 4, 2012 at 6:25 am

Hello Micheal,
I must thank you for your wonderful health clues. I will try them, and want to spread this blog to benefit my other friends and colleagues.

G. Rajagopal January 4, 2012 at 9:16 am

Hello Michael,

What you are doing is rendering “Excellent Service to Humanity” ! Please keep it up.

Let me wish you and your family a New Year of Spiritual Peace and Happiness. God Bless You !

I like your suggestion about touching points 20 and 24.5 before getting up in the morning and going to bed at night. I’m going to try it out for about a month. I’m confident it will do wonders !

I’ll report back to you in a month’s time.

Regards,

G. Rajagopal
Coimbatore
India

michael January 4, 2012 at 11:11 am

Thank you. I look forward to getting the details of your results in a month or so. Remember to breathe slowly and deeply while you hold these acupressure points with your eyes closed – to discover the benefits!

Saleem Chisti January 4, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Hello sir!
Appreciating work done by your students.From now onwards I shall start following them.ThanQ.

cecilia January 7, 2012 at 12:04 pm

May God continue protecting and enlightening you as you continue to give us guidance in living a healthy life

maggie January 7, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Michael,
I had emailed you earlier concerning using self-performed acupressure for an arthritis study in my nursing phd program. Thanks for your kind comments!

I am now limiting my study to postmenopausal women. I am always being asked for points for many of the problems associated with menopause (being there myself, I need them too!). As a thank you gift for my participants, I would like to put together a self care pamphlet (I am a broke student, so this gift must be cheap) for them and am not finding as many references as I had hoped-many things seem to be focused on the younger set. Could you suggest some references or points. I know your potent points book has a chapter on hot flashes and I would like to reference these points and directions (with proper credit of course).

Also, your school used to have a women’s health course, which I no longer see offered and I don’t see any materials for sale. Are any of these products still available?

Thanks,
maggie

michael January 8, 2012 at 8:23 am

My newest book, entitled Acupressure for Emotional Healing has a useful chapter on Menstruation & Menopause. Within that chapter is a section called Perimenopause and Menopause with 5 affirmations, an acupressure step by step routine with 9 illustrations in this section. There’s 400 illustrations in this emotional healing book and it’s available here:

With healing wishes,

wan baker January 12, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Hello Michael,
I am from Malaysia and really interested to practice the acupressure . How do I get your books for the Home Study Pack and the rest delivered to me for which I found it rather high for delivery charges alone.

Appreciate your reply.
thanks
wan

michael January 15, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I appreciate your question. We offer USPS parcel post which is almost half the amount of USPS Express International mail.

For no delivery charges: To order all e-products, which do not have any shipping or handling costs, I created a new button on my Acuprssure.com website for just for acupressure e-products. My focus right now is to make more of my work online and downloadable so you will not have to pay for expensive shipping delivery. I hope this info comes to you as good acupressure news – because I want to make acupressure more accessible to everyone.

Nancy Chasteen February 7, 2012 at 3:42 am

Love your blog and email updates and newsletters, you sent me one on Thyroid- but the link went to a host site, and not your article about the Thyroid, could you let me know where I can find it?
Thanks!

michael February 7, 2012 at 11:25 am

For the Thyroid: For my blog and video clip on balancing the thyroid, please go to: http://www.acupressure.com/blog/wp-admin/post.php?post=424&action=edit

top listing agent quincy February 27, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is magnificent blog. A great read. I’ll certainly be back.

Julio Maragh February 28, 2012 at 4:04 am

I am impressed with this web site , real I am a big fan .

Sofortkredite ohne Einkommensnachweis March 3, 2012 at 2:47 am

Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your design. Cheers

michael March 3, 2012 at 7:08 am

The blog’s software is called Word Press.

kanishk July 16, 2012 at 12:52 pm

hey micheal, i m 20 year old and my hormones are under develop.
what should i do. if u want more details just let me know.
i really want the solution.

michael July 17, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I had a similar condition at your age. I think the best thing for hormonal balance is to practice yoga, eat whole foods, and avoid sugar. Use acupressure point St 36 as well.