Vertigo, Dizziness and Endocrine Balancing Acupressure Points

in Headaches & Mental Health,Pain Relief,Stress Management

I was asked what Acupressure points are good for Vertigo or dizziness? Use GV 26, pressing firmly above your upper lip on to the gum for 2 minutes. Then press CV 17 on the center of your breastbone and breath slowly and deeply. Do this 2 or 3 times a day for prevention and relief of Vertigo and dizziness. Also try these Acupressure Points:

• P 6 and TW 5 on both wrists
  • Top of the head with the third eye before going to sleep and when waking-up in very healing for fibromyalgia, insomnia, headaches, vertigo and dizziness.
  • Acupressure Points GV 20 with Gv 24.5 for the Pituitary and Pineal Endocrine Glands, and for physical balance.

sanjay August 23, 2011 at 1:43 pm

what are the accupressure points for puffiness of face, Dizziness, slurring of speech and not able to concentrate and fear of speaking. Alltest done it is normal inclding thyroid. happenning for last two years.

michael August 23, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I think you’ll find the points in this blog article helpful, but please see a doctor for medical care too. The facial acupressure points St 3 are good for the puffiness of the face. The CV 17 acupressure point is excellent for dizziness, calming, and fear of speaking if you breath slowly and deeply while you hold this balancing point. Also use GB14 for concentration and developing mental clarity.

Kennette August 23, 2011 at 1:46 pm

FABUOLOUS!

chandrakant August 23, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I have prepared a mixture of Menthol, Thymol and medicinal camphor (all equal by weight, and crystalline in form originally). This mixture turns into a viscous, transparent liquid within 2-3 days.
    I apply some massage oil over the entire chest portion of my patient for bringing laxity to his / her skin. Then I put small drops of the above liquid (with plastic dropper bottle) over the rib cage; and start gradually ‘cleaning’ the soft skinny portion between ribs : once away from the breast bone, once towards it. (It’s like we ‘clean’ portion between metatarsals / metacarpals in reflexology massage of hands/feet).
    I carefully massage the front base of rib-cage (=like inverted ‘V’) with some deep strokes, and also the center of ‘V’ : which we call a Pitta Point in Ayurved. ( Burning sensation due to excess Pitta / acidity is always felt at this point on the sternum. )
    Then I foment my patient’s chest with (hot) hair dryer for about 5 minutes. This creates a feel of lightness all over the patient’s chest due to camphor-thymol-menthol contents of the massage liquid.
    This is followed by Camphor Lamp Suction Cupping.
    Majority of my patients experience a sort of ‘trance’ or ‘sleepiness’ during Cupping session – as all their ‘internal’ tenseness is relieved!

As far as my very meager experience goes, this treatment is useful for many ailments connected with the “Praana” portion ( i.e. above navel) of my patients.

Angel August 23, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Thanks so much for this info.
    Angel Reno,LMT
    touch of body,mind,and peace….

david August 23, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Do you know acupoints for snoring, or apnea...

michael August 24, 2011 at 12:47 am

Yes, there are different causes and areas involved for snoring and apnea. Acupressure can alleviate most cases by opening the flow of energy using the acupressure points and stimulating the specific muscles of the upper airways that collapse during episodes of sleep apnea. The energy meridians must be unblocked to restore proper functioning.

Auriculotherapy, massaging and pressing outer ear points, especially in the ear lobe is particularly useful in treating sleep apnea. Lasers, magnets, and even using a bean or ear pellet to tape it on the ear for a day or two is also a treatment. I suggest using these acupressure techniques with Qi Gong Breathing exercises to open your air passages and obtain greater reserves of healing energy.

For snoring, a series of acupressure treatments focused on releasing chronic neck tensions and in the diaphragm muscles can be very helpful.

de Vibratore Corpora Cavernosa Malaysia August 24, 2011 at 12:47 am

Dear Mr. Michael,

Great help to the world. Words not enuff to thank you for your selfless effort.
    I’m having flu and thus nasal blockage, cough and fever now (which is normal in tropical countries). Try to locate your articles for acupressure points on this triplet brothers but could find it. At least for flu. Any suggestion?

michael August 24, 2011 at 4:59 pm

For flu and cold, there are acupressure points to take down a high temperature, relieve the congestion, coughing, and more. I hope you will find this interesting and useful – its from my best selling book Acupressure’s Potent Points.

florina August 24, 2011 at 3:41 am

michael you are a great messenger of God to share these accupressure points with us. i wait to see your emails on various diseases and make use of your points. can you help me to ease a poor HIV patient suffering with intermitant wet bouts of cough and breathlessness?

michael August 26, 2011 at 12:05 am

For Cough and Breathlessness: Use the points illustrated in Acupressure’s Potent Points on pages 44-46 and pages 63-66, which are acupressure points on the chest and in the upper back region.

I want to make it clear to you that I do not use acupressure points as a substitute for medical care when someone has a disease.

anindita August 24, 2011 at 7:36 am

Hi Micahael,
    Are there any acupressure points for dry mouth, insomnia, brain fog, inflammation around mouth and weakness and shakines in the body in case of multiple sclerosis?

Thanks for all the great work that you are doing:)

michael August 25, 2011 at 11:56 pm

For Multiple Sclerosis: I have found that stimulating the Governing Vessel points through spinal flexing exercises has relieved many of the symptoms your are referring to. The Governing Vessel is responsible for the function of the Central Nervous System. This is not a cure and certainly should not replace medical care. You can find find these exercises in the Acu-Yoga book here and also see me demonstrate and guide you into these “Flexibility of the Spine Exercises” in the Acu-Yoga DVD. Several people with MS have reported that they felt stronger, more stable, mentally clearer, and generally more balanced from practicing these yoga movements.

Anthony Njim August 24, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Goodday Mike, I would like u to help me solve the problem of a painful shoulder joint which I have been caring for almost eight months now. I just slept and got up and started feeling little pain and it has developped into acute pain and I have difficulties in sleeping on the right side and so I need ur help.
    Thanks in advance and may God grant u long life to continue to help us and all.

michael August 25, 2011 at 12:25 am

Shoulder & Neck Pain: I am glad you are asking me about your shoulder, which probably is a muscular problem, not a medical problem. So many people need medical attention, and I am certainly not a doctor.

For your shoulder (and also for neck pain too) the acupressure points stimulated by using self-acupressure, self-massage, stretching, and deep breathing is clearly presented in a 30-minute routine called Acupressure for Stress Relief. This DVD program provides my verbal guidance and excellent visuals from the video, so you can apply acupressure on your own shoulder and neck acupressure points easily and effectively. After doing this routine twice a day (at least 10 times a week) for one month, if your shoulder (or neck) problem is not better, you’ll need to get more help from an Acupuncturist or an Asian Bodywork Therapist. Please continue to practice the routine with the DVD; its the combination of getting help and from continuing to help yourself that’s going to give you results. It also takes time for it to heal, so be patient.

Referrals: For an an Acupuncturist, first ask your friends for a referral or check-out the yellow pages. For an Acupressure Therapy or Asian Bodywork, find a practitioner in California who studied at the Acupressure Institute, or in other areas who is a member of the AOBTA and a Asian Bodywork practitioner. I hope this helps you.

ravichandran August 25, 2011 at 4:26 am

thanks for the tips on vertigo and dizziness

Could you suggest for the following symptoms ?

1- tongue coating – from middle to base of tongue
    2- Teeth marks on the edges of the tongue

michael August 25, 2011 at 11:41 pm

In traditional Chinese Medicine coating on these areas of the tongue are a condition of the digestive system, namely the stomach, spleen, and intestines. I suggest having an acupuncturist or Asian Bodywork Therapist actually look at the tongue. If this person has severe health symptoms, please see a medical doctor for care.

Sushma December 13, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I have been following your tips for migraine, insomnia and vertigo. but I haven’t been fully successful. My headache lasts for at least 2-3 days a week and I sleep for only 2-3 hrs ,waking up at least twice or thrice.
    What am I doing wrong? I don’t live in the US. My guidelines are only your website.Please help .

michael December 14, 2011 at 12:09 pm

First, I encourage you to get a medical check-up to make sure that there is not a medical problem that needs attention. To get the best acupressure guidance, you need to see pictures of what to do. Please order my book entitled Acupressure’s Potent Points which covers headaches, and insomnia. If you can’t afford your own copy, go to a library. Sending healing wishes.

Noel May 16, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Thank you for the wealth of information that you put out here, there is nothing like it, and it is so needed. Your blog is very clear and concise guidance on self-healing, especially on Vertigo & Dizziness. Also, your Acu-Yoga DVD is a well source for stress relief and flexibility. Thank you again for your generous giving. With much love, Noel & Lorna

michael May 17, 2012 at 6:13 am

Thank you. Please share it with others.

Micheel May 31, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I get dizziness, bouts of nausea and pressure on my ears after flying and nothing the doctor gives me cures it. It usually last 3 months but meanwhile I cannot think or concentrate. After this flight, I got shingles added to above usual that I get after flying. I have tried everything, can you help?

michael May 31, 2012 at 7:47 pm

For the dizziness, there are several points that can relieve it: GV 26 and CV17 are especially centering. For nausea – pressure on P 6 for a couple of minutes works great. For the pressure in your ear due to a change in altitude use TW 17 and SI 17. These points when held for a couple of minutes can give you relief.

pamela June 10, 2012 at 8:26 pm

A week ago I experienced a bout of “Transient Global Amnesia”. I am still feeling sort of dizzy or “floaty” and occasional vertigo. My MD said that I should give it another week since apparently these after effects are “normal”. The TGA lasted about ten hours which means that I’ve lost those ten hours in my day.

I would love any feedback from anyone who either has experienced this, knows of this, and any wellness treatments, preferably acupressure/breathing related.

I understand that my experience of TGA came on because of the current tremendous stress in my life. Thank you.

michael June 11, 2012 at 7:53 am

Transient Global Amnesia: Since stress is a major cause of your TGA, acupressure points will be tremendously helpful if you also take slow deep breaths while holding the points and deeply relax for at least 10 minutes afterwards. I believe that you can help yourself with the fully guided self-care program entitled Acupressure Stress Relief DVD available here.

PARTHA BERA June 18, 2012 at 6:59 am

SIR,
    I WANT TO LEARN ACCUPREURE POINTS PROPERLY.PLS TELL ME WHAT BOOK SHOULD I READ.NOW I AM TELLING MY AGONY.IN 2010 I HAD TO CHANGE M JOB(I WAS A MEDICAL REPRESENTATIVE) AS STOCK BROKER AND INVEST MOST OF M SAVINGS.ON THAT TIME MY
    DAD HAD A HEART ATTACK AND HAD TO SPOND HUGE MONEY. I WAS TOTALLY BROKE DOWN.FROM THAT TIME I
    FELT ILL AND ONE THOUGHT WAS STUK IN M MIND THAT IAM SERIOUSLY ILL.AFTER A MONTH I
    FACED SOME PICULIER SYMPTOMS—1)HEAVY HUNGER, MAINLY AT EARLY MORNING.
    2)VERTIGO
    3)ANXITY OF NOT ABLE TO TRAVEL THROUGH PUBLIC BUS OR TRAIN–IN GATHER OF PUBLIC I FELT SICK.
    4) IWAS SOO WEAK ,NOT ABLE TO GO TO OFFICE OR LEAD NORMAL LIFE.
    5)ALLWAYS FEAR OF HAVING A LIFE THREATNING DEASISE.

SIR ,TREAT MENT THROUGH ALLOPATHY,HOMOEO PATHY-ALL FAILED.STILL I AM VERY WEAK WITH ALL THOSE SYMPTOMS.DO U HAVE ANT REMEDY FOR ME???I WAS A JOLY ,ACTIVE ,PEOPLE LOVING MAN.I WANT BE THAT ME.PLEASE HELP!!!!

michael June 22, 2012 at 7:36 am

I feel for your situation. Your father’s illness and death really knocked the wind (the life force) out of you. There sounds like you have tremendous grief, from losing your father, your energy, and the lifestyle that was taken away from you so quickly.

I recommend that you order the Self-Healing Pack, which includes my newest book entitled Acupressure for Emotional Healing (with 400 illustrations), Reflexology instruction, and two different healing routines that I hope you’ll practice daily. Stay away from eating anything with sugar, for six months during your recovery.

Ms. Khush Dubash July 5, 2012 at 10:34 am

Could you please let me know where Pt 6 and TW 5 on both the wrists are placed? Would request you to kindly revert to me on this asap.

Many Thanks and regards

Khush Dubash

michael July 7, 2012 at 7:51 am

Acupressure Points P 6 and TW 5 are located 3 finger widths up from your wrist crease in the center between the bones. I realize that you need a photo or illustration of this to get clear where these acupressure points are located. My acupressure books have 400 illustrations in each book to enable you to get the point.