Stimulates Acupressure Points
Shiatsu is the traditional therapeutic form of
massage using deep penetrating pressure to stimulate acupressure
points, the same points used in acupuncture. Releasing these healing
points opens the channels of energy and blood circulation to nourish
the internal organs, glands, muscles, nerves, and vital centers
of the body. Shiatsu uses thumbs, fingers, palms, the side of the
hand, or knuckles to apply steady, firm pressure for increasing
the healing benefits.
Shiatsu Forms -
Shiatsu Therapy Methods
There are many different ways to give Shiatsu treatments. Varying
rhythms, pressures, and techniques create the different styles of
Shiatsu Therapy, such as Zen Shiatsu or Masunaga Shiatsu, Ashiatsu,
Barefoot Shiatsu, Ohashiatsu, and Macrobiotic Shiatsu. The diversity
of Shiatsu forms is similar to the different forms of music. Each
style uses the same notes but combines them in distinctive ways.
Shiatsu, for instance, the most well known style of acupressure,
can be quite vigorous, with firm pressure applied to each point
for only three to five seconds.
A professional Shiatsu Practitioner will be able to individualize
each treatment based on a person’s condition. This sensitivity
is achieved through the practice of giving Shiatsu treatments and
learning how to harmonize the yin and yang forces within the body.
Deep relaxation is the key for obtaining the maximum benefits from
Shiatsu Therapy. How the recipient treats him or herself after the
treatment is what heals the body. To receive the maximum benefits,
completely relax for an hour after a Shiatsu treatment.
To learn more about Shiatsu Therapy,
Click on the following topics:
- Zen Shiatsu DVD: Learn how to give a complete shiatsu treatment for structural integration and muscular tension relief. This one hour DVD guides you on how to work from head to toe, front, side and back.
- Acupressure Home Study Discounted Pack:includes Acupressure's Potent Points book, Acupressure Point and Meridian Flashcards, Introduction to Acupressure, Basic & Intermediate and Advanced booklets, Acupressure Workbook.
- Acupressure for Stress Relief DVD: A Guided Self-Healing for Easing Headaches, Shoulder & Neck Tension in 20 minutes. Narrated by Michael Reed Gach, Ph.D.
- Stress-Less DVD: Acupressure & Qi Gong Breathing Exercises that boost the immune system, counteract addiction, and support recovery from surgery, trauma, chronic fatigue, depression, and stressful, difficult times.
- Stress Relief CD: provides guidance to counteract stress. Learn self-acupressure, deep breathing exercises, and gentle stretches to feel more relaxed and enhance the quality of your life in as little as ten minutes a day.